17.1.08

Internet billing based on usage


I guess this is the Wave of the future, like most European countries.

So, Time Warner Cable Inc said on Wednesday it is planning a trial to bill high-speed Internet subscribers based on their amount of usage rather than a flat fee.

I don't have Time Warner as my ISP. If I did And they Jacked My Bill they would more than likely Lose a customer.

My Provider from what I have been able to find Charges one of the Highest Rates in the country for high-speed Internet. I don't have a package deal or Bundle where you have Cable TV, Phone and Internet for one LARGE price. I don't watch much of the BOOB-TUBE, nor do I make long distance or international calls. I only have high-speed Internet and Pay $60.95 a Month. If, in the Near future my provider follows suit, I would hope my bill would decrease. If it doesn't decrease and stays the same I will continue my service. If it goes Up, I will cancel my service because I feel what I already pay is extreme.
So what if I have multiple boxes in my network. It is very rare that all are on at the same time. I don't DL videos or large files. I do run Limewire once in awhile, but even then I don't DL any videos or MP3's. [Yes, there are other types of Files out there that do contain information.]

I have family that Has high-speed Internet with a different ISP than myself. Their Monthly rates are anywhere from $24.95 / $42.00. I wish I could Change my ISP but that is part of how they screw you. You would think I could as we Live within a Mile of each other, yet the services offered seem to Stop on the Property lines. Go figure. I guess it really doesn't matter though, as we all have a different ISP by name, They are ALL Operated By AT&T.

I don't look forward to going back to Dial-up service, but it may come to this.

Anyway, this is my rant.

No comments: